Martline is part of a leading brand in the Maldives wholesale trading industry. For over a decade, we supplied renowned international and local brands to Maldivian customers and businesses. Throughout the years, we have transformed from a chain of convenience stores to a reputable importer and distributor for the Maldivian isles.
Martline is a subsidiary operating under Seenco Corporation Pvt Ltd. Seenco is also the parent company of Countline Maldives, one of the most famous chocolate and confectionery wholesale and retail companies operating in the Maldives.
To provide the finest products and proactive services at affordable prices. Our aim is to advance the Maldivian living standards to the highest potential by helping Maldivian consumers and businesses circulate high-quality products and services within the local market at the most affordable prices.
By extension, we aim to nurture a market where all local businesses and individuals can ultimately grow to their fullest potential.
Our story begins in 1994 when we opened the doors of the Countline specialty outlet in Malé city. Luxury brands of sweets, chocolates, and delectable cakes were not easily accessible to the Maldivian consumer at the time.
Our dream started small: it was to strengthen the local Maldivian living standards. We started by providing consumers with quality chocolate confectionery and cakes at affordable prices. For the last 2 decades, Countline has become synonymous with celebrations in the Maldives. Birthdays, Eid parties, anniversaries, and other celebrations are not complete without a Countline cake on the table.
Over time, our visions have developed and we have become an emerging player in the wholesale trading industry. Yet the fundamental roots of our vision remain the same: to work towards the highest possible living standards in Maldives.
We wanted to provide affordable access to quality products and services and ultimately support other local businesses to thrive in the market. With that vision, we created Martline. Through Martline, we dream of establishing fruitful and mutually profitable relationships with local businesses and consumers across all Maldivian atolls.
Our Vision for the Future
We seek to pioneer at Martline. Instead of holding onto the old, we embrace the new and move forward. As the Maldives becomes more interconnected through technology, we aim to establish a robust local e-commerce network reaching every single island across the archipelago.
Moving beyond, our objective is to establish a Dhivehi identity in the international market with products that promote and celebrate the unique Maldivian culture. Alongside other leading trade partners, we aim to strengthen the Maldives' position as a powerful emerging market in the region.
Seenco Corporation Pvt Ltd and subsidiary companies Countline and Martline were founded by Mr. Ibrahim Abdulla and Mdm. Seena Shareef. Ibrahim's leadership and Seena's expertise in baking excellent cakes and pastries helped establish Countline and Martline as household names in the Maldives, along with Mr. Roger Lye's indispensable strategic counsel.
The triumph and achievements of Seenco Corporation Pvt Ltd is a testament to the diligent employees of the company. We cultivate a culture of mutual respect and understanding. Today, we are proud to say that over 100 employees are part of the Seenco team. Together, we work to position Seenco as a leading wholesale brand in the Maldives.
Seenco Pvt. Ltd. Inaugurated
• Founded by Mr. Ibrahim Abdulla and Mdm. Seena Shareef.
First Countline outlet opened in Malé
• Introduced quality international chocolates and confectionery brands to the Maldivian market at an affordable price.
Local Productions Division established
• Ensured the utmost quality of locally produced speciality chocolates and cakes with the establishment of a professional bakery.
Dhoara Chocolates Launched
• Seenco ushered in our luxury souvenir chocolate brand targeting the Maldives' tourist market.
Countline Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Established
• Facilitated sourcing to the Maldives and market distribution partnerships.
Countline Outlet Expanded to Hulhumalé
• Increased brand awareness and reach in the greater Malé area.
Martline Convenience Stores and Wholesale Operations Launched
• Catered to everyday shopping needs by conveniently providing essentials.
Countline Outlet Opened in Addu Atoll
• Provided high quality confectionery and signature cakes to the Maldives southernmost atoll.
Countline Branded Chocolate Spread and Peanut Butter Launched
• Increased availability and affordability of quality international delicacies in the local market.
Countline Outlet Opened in Vilimale
• Expanded presence to all the islands of the greater Malé area.
• Introduced Seenco's own varieties of jam and peanut butter spreads.
Launched Dileesh Chocolates
• Seenco's own brand of chocolate bars, cooking chocolates and gifts.
Countline Website Launched
• Increase brand accessibility across the Maldives through e-commerce.
Innovated Branded Cakes
• Fused our cakes and desserts with popular chocolates greatly loved by the community.
The Stepping Stones to Greater Heights
• Building solid ecommerce platforms for retail and wholesale.
• Establishing a reliable distribution service for all atolls within the Maldivian archipelago.
• Introducing the Maldivian identity in the international market for new industries like confectioneries.