Terms & Conditions
Welcome to MARTLINE.COM, (hereinafter referred to as the "Website", "We", "Us", or "Our"), owned and operated by Martline (hereinafter referred to as "the Business") with its registered office located at Manha, Ahigasmagu, K. Hulhumalé, Maldives. The Website is offered to You conditioned on Your acceptance without modification of the Terms, Conditions, and notices contained herein (the "Terms").
- Our Website is a Platform (hereinafter referred to as "Platform") where we offer edible items and confectionaries. The Users of the Website shall be referred to as "You," "Your," or "Users."
- By clicking on the "Accept" button at the end of the Agreement acceptance form, Users agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. Please read this entire Agreement carefully before accepting its Terms. When You undertake any activity on the Website, You agree to accept these Terms and Conditions.
- In using this Website, You are deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions set forth herein. Any incidental documents and links mentioned shall be accepted jointly with these Terms. You agree to use the Website only in strict interpretation and acceptance of these Terms, and any actions or commitments made without regard to these Terms shall be at Your own risk. These Terms and Conditions form part of the Agreement between the Users and Us. By accessing this Website, and/or undertaking to perform a Service provided by Us indicates Your understanding, agreement to and acceptance of the disclaimer notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- Eligibility of the User
- You may use the Service only if You are at least eighteen (18) years of age and can form a binding contract with Us, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
- Unauthorized Users are strictly prohibited from accessing or attempting to access, directly or indirectly, the Platform. Any such unauthorized use is strictly forbidden and shall constitute a violation of applicable laws.
- Our Website may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Platform to any person or entity, and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Website is revoked in such jurisdictions.
- Services Offered by the Platform
- We provide the Users with a Platform to buy certain edible items and confectionaries.
- You Agree and Confirm
- You will use the Services provided by Our Platform, its affiliates and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only and comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using the Platform.
- That You will provide authentic and true information in all instances where such information is requested of You. We reserve the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by You at any point in time. If upon confirmation Your details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), We have the right in Our sole discretion to reject the registration and debar You from using the Services of Our Platform and/or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- That You are accessing the Services available on this Website and transacting at Your sole risk and are using Your best and prudent judgment before entering into any dealings through this Platform.
- It is possible that the other Users (including unauthorized/unregistered users or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Platform and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to Your use of the Platform, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Platform, You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform.
- You agree to not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or description/image/text/graphic of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, or international law.
- You agree to not post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- You agree to not alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that are not Your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access Our Platform.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Business from all claims/losses (including advocates' fees for defending/prosecuting any case) that may arise against the Business due to acts/omission on the part of the User.
- Warranties, Representation and Undertakings of User
- The User warrants and represents that all obligations narrated under this Agreement are legal, valid, binding and enforceable in law against the User.
- The User agrees that there are no proceedings pending against the User, which may have a material adverse effect on its ability to perform and meet the obligations under this Agreement.
- The User agrees that it shall, at all times, ensure compliance with all the requirements applicable to its business and for the purposes of this Agreement including but not limited to intellectual property rights, value-added tax, excise and import duties, etc. It further declares and confirms that it has paid and shall continue to discharge all its obligations towards statutory authorities.
- The User agrees that it has adequate rights under relevant laws including but not limited to various intellectual property legislation(s) to enter into this Agreement with the Company and perform the obligations contained herein and that it has not violated/infringed any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The User expressly authorizes the Business to use its trademarks/copyrights/designs/logos and other intellectual property owned and/or licensed by it for the purpose of reproduction on the Platform and at such other places as the Company may deem necessary. It is expressly agreed and clarified that, except as specified agreed in this Agreement, each Party shall retain all right, title and interest in their respective trademarks and logos and that nothing contained in this Agreement, nor the use of the trademarks/logos in the publicity, advertising, promotional or other material in relation to the Services shall be construed as giving to any Party any right, title or interest of any nature whatsoever to any of the other Party's trademarks and/or logos.
- The Business's Website and other Platforms, and the information and materials that it contains, are the property of the Business and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All the Business's product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks. Nothing contained on this Website should be interpreted as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Martline Website or any materials displayed on the Martline's Website, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions; or (b) with the prior written consent of the Company. The User shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website.
- Except as otherwise expressly granted to You in writing, We do not grant You any other express or implied right or license to the Services, Our Content or Our intellectual property rights.
- Proprietary Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted in this Agreement, the Martline reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to the User in this Agreement other than as expressly outlined in this Agreement.
- "Data" means any and all identifiable information about Users and their affiliates generated or collected by the Martline or the User, including but not limited to the User's name, email addresses, Services availed, phone numbers, and the User's preferences and tendencies. The User agrees that it will only use the Data in complying with its obligations in this Agreement.
- The User represents, warrants, and covenants that it will not resell or otherwise disclose any Data to any third party, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever.
- The User acknowledges that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by the Company and that You shall not disclose such information without the Company's prior written consent.
- By submitting Content, the User hereby irrevocably grants Us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use the Content for any purpose including API partnerships with third parties and in any media existing now or in future. The User irrevocably waives, and causes to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to the User's Content brought against Us by any third-party services or their users.
- We may obtain business addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information from third-party vendors who obtain their Data from public sources. We have no control over, and make no representation or endorsement regarding the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, completeness, timeliness or quality of any products, services, advertisements and other Content appearing in or linked to the Services.
- Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as creating a relationship of partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment between the Parties. The Martline shall not be responsible for the acts or omissions of the User, and the User shall not represent the Martline, neither does it have any power or authority to speak for, represent, bind, or assume any obligation on behalf of the Martline.
- Express Release
- You expressly hereby release and waive all claims against the Martline, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to Your use of the Martline's Website. You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and You accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, You expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which You may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability
- It is expressly agreed by the User that the Company shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for any loss, injury or damage to the User or any other Party whomsoever, arising on account of any transaction under this Agreement.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that it shall be solely liable for any claims, damages, or allegations arising out of the Services through the Platform and shall hold the Martline harmless and indemnified against all such claims and damages. Further, the Martline shall not be liable for any claims or damages arising out of any negligence, misconduct, or misrepresentation by the User or any of its representatives.
- The Martline under no circumstances shall be liable to the User for loss and/or anticipated loss of profits, or for any direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the subject matter of this Agreement, regardless of the type of claim and even if the User has been advised of the possibility of such damages, such as, but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits or loss of business, unless such loss or damages is proven by the User to have been deliberately caused by the Martline.
- This Agreement may be terminated by the Martline if the User commits a material breach of any representation, obligation, covenant, warranty or term of this Agreement and the same is not cured within 10 days after written notice given by the Martline, if a petition for insolvency is filed against the User or if the User is in infringement of third-party rights, including intellectual property rights.
- This Agreement may be terminated without reason by either Party after serving upon the other a written notice of ten (10) days. The Agreement shall stand terminated after expiry of such period.
- Effects of Termination
- In the event of termination/expiry of this Agreement, the Martline shall remove and shall discontinue the Services provided to the User on its Platform with immediate effect.
- The Martline shall not be liable for any loss or damages (direct, indirect or inconsequential) incurred by the User by virtue of termination of this Agreement.
- During the period under notice, both the Parties shall be bound to perform their obligations incurred under this Agreement, and this sub-clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Republic of Maldives without regard to the Martline or the Website of its conflict of law provisions or the User's state or country of residence.
- The User submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Maldives for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement.
- If there is a dispute between the User and other Users, the User understands and agrees that the Martline is under no obligation with respect thereto, and the User, to the fullest extent permitted by law, hereby releases the Martline and its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, service providers, affiliates, agents, and successors from, and agrees to indemnify each of the foregoing for any losses incurred in connection with any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes.
- The User agrees that in case it is unable to resolve its disputes with other Users, then the Martline has the right to remove the User from the Website and terminate this Agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Martline and its affiliates, and each of its respective officers, directors, members, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with this Agreement, the Website and any use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The Martline makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Website's Content or the Content of any other Websites linked to the Website, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of Content and materials, (b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the User's access to and use of the Website, (c) any unauthorized access to or use of the Martline's servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (d) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website, (e) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party, and/or (f) any errors or omissions in any Content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website. The Company does not guarantee the privacy, security or authenticity of any information so transmitted over or stored in any system connected to the internet or mobile devices.
- Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices given to the Martline shall be given by email to email@example.com or at an address Manha, Ahigasmagu, K.HulhuMalé, Maldives. Any notices given to the User shall be to the email address provided by the User to the Martline at the time of listing (or as such information may be updated via the Website by the User from time to time) or at the mailing address provided by the User to the Martline.
- Any notice, demand, or request with respect to this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be effective only if it is delivered by email, personal service, by air courier with receipt of delivery, or mailed, certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to the address set forth above. Such communications shall be effective when they are received by the addressee, but if sent by certified mail in the manner set forth above, they shall be effective five (5) days after being deposited in the mail. Any Party may change its address for such communications by giving notice to the other Party in conformity with this section.
- The Martline may at any time at its sole discretion modify this Agreement from time to time, and any such changes will (i) be reflected on the Website, (ii) be effective thirty (30) calendar days after being so posted on the Website, (iii) not apply retroactively, and (iv) not apply to any disputes arising prior to the effective date of such change. The Martline shall also post the amended Agreement to the address of the User. The User agrees to be bound to any such changes and understands the importance of regularly reviewing this Agreement as updated on the Website to keep the User's listing and contact information current.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Martline reserves the right to, at any time and from time to time, change, alter, modify, or discontinue the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The User agrees that the Martline shall have no liability to the User or to any third party for any change, alteration, modification, suspension, discontinuance, or amendment of the Martline's Website.
- Force Majeure
- Except with regard to payment obligations, either Party shall be excused from delays in performing or from failing to perform its obligations under this contract to the extent the delays or failures resulting from causes beyond the reasonable control of the Party, including, but not limited to: failures or default of third-party software, Users, or products; acts of God or of a public enemy; foreign governmental actions; strikes; communications, network connection, or utility interruption or failure; fire; flood; epidemic; or freight embargoes.
- Contact Us
- For any further clarification of Our Terms and Conditions, please write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return Refund Policy
Thanks for purchasing our products (OR SUBSCRIBING TO OUR SERVICES) at www.martline.com operated by Martline, a business registered and existing under laws of Republic of Maldives.
We offer a full money back guarantee on all purchases made on our website, but under certain conditions. We invite you to read the conditions explained in more detail below, in order to see the condition that applies to your situation, while following the correct procedure.
If you are unhappy with the product that you have purchased from us, please let us know upon delivery. Our Returns & Refunds Policy gives you right to return or exchange an article purchased online with a valid receipt.
After the delivery confirmation, we cannot offer you a refund or exchange. We encourage our customers to inspect the product upon delivery to ensure it meets your needs.
To be eligible for a refund or exchange, all physical products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, labels, free gifts, bonus item, manuals and documentation that shipped with the product. If the article is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment excluding any shipping charges (other than the original shipping costs invoiced).
If you have any further questions or would like to request a refund, please do not hesitate to contact us, or download the Refund Request Form by clicking below.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your returned article is received and inspected, we will send you an email or a message to notify you that we have received your returned article. We will also inform you if your refund has been approved or refused.
If your request is approved, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original payment method within 7 calendar days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven't received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you've done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Final Sale items
We do not offer refunds for edible items and confectionaries and final sale items, unless they are defective.
Exchange (if applicable)
We only replace articles if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange an article for the same article, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs to return your article, unless the article is defective. Shipping costs are not refundable. If you receive a refund, the return shipping cost will be deducted from your refund. Depending on where you live, the time it takes for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
The following is the terms of the agreement between Martline, a business duly registered and existing under laws of Maldives ("Martline") and the buyer ("Buyer") of goods or services through the Martline's Website (the "Site"). If you do not agree to these terms, you shall not purchase anything, so please review these terms carefully:
Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Online Contract ("Contract") with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site. This Contract constitutes the entire and only agreement between the Martline and Buyer, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Contract. Buyer agrees to review this Contract prior to purchasing anything and purchase of a good or service shall be deemed acceptance of this Contract.
- Setup and Payment
Buyer represents and warrants that (i) the credit card information supplied is true, correct and complete and (ii) charges incurred by the Buyer will be honored by the Buyer's credit card company and (iii) Buyer shall pay charges incurred by Buyer at the amounts in effect at the time incurred, including all applicable taxes. Buyer shall be responsible for all charges incurred through use of Buyer's password. Buyer agrees to keep his or her password confidential and to notify Company within 24 hours of any breach of this Contract or unauthorized use of the password. Company does not protect Buyer from unauthorized use of Buyer's password.
The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights, and, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by a Buyer of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited.
- Editing, Deleting, and Modification
Martline reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any information or content appearing on the Site and to remove any goods and services for sale. Upon notice published over the Service, Martline may modify this Contract, or prices, and may discontinue or revise any or all aspects of the Site in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Modification of this Contract will be deemed effective upon publication on the Site with respect to transactions occurring after said date.
- Right to Refuse
Martline reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse service at any time. Sale of any goods or services is subject to availability.
Buyer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Martline and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to a Buyer's violation of this Contract or use of the Site.
Buyer's right to use the Service is not transferable and is subject to any limits established by Martline or by Buyer's credit / debit card company.
THE SERVICE, CONTENT, GOODS AND SERVICES FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF MARTLINE, FOR ANY REASON, AND BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PARTICULAR ITEMS PURCHASED. MARTLINE AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DEALERS OR SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN MARTLINE AND BUYER. THIS SITE AND GOODS AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
- Refund Policy
If a product purchased is defective or not to Buyer's satisfaction, Buyer can return the product during the delivery. Customers should inspect the products upon delivery.
In such event, Martline shall provide Buyer a credit for other purchases from the Site (less shipping and handling charges incurred). This Section 9 sets forth Buyer's sole and exclusive right to refund.
- Delivery Policy
Same day delivery for orders placed before 6pm. Free delivery to any location in Malé & Hulhumalé for purchases above MVR 100.00. For boat deliveries, boat name and contact number should be provided.
Shipping the items via boat or sea vessel, there is a possibility of damages due rolling of items from side to side, temperature variations and boat crew handling. If the customer request for a boat delivery, the customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the product is stored in a dry and cool place at temperature given bellow. Martline will not bear any responsibility for damages cause to items in case of delivery to boat.
The ideal temperature to store heat sensitive chocolates, cakes and pastries are between 18C to 20C and it should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
Product Storage Condition
- Chocolates - Should be stored in a temperature between 18C to 20C
- Chocolate Cakes - Recommend to store in an airtight box at room temperature
- Cream Cake - Need to be stored in a Chiller on in a cooler
- Pastries & Other Bakery Items - Baked goods should be stored at room temperature in a dry place, while pastries may need to be stored in cooler
- Use of Information
Martline reserves the right, and Buyer authorizes Martline, to the use and assignment of all information regarding Buyer's use of the Site and all information provided by Buyer, subject to applicable law.
- Governing Law
This Contract shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Malé City, Republic of Maldives and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Republic of Maldives (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action of Buyer with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (01) month after any purchase or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8. The language in this Contract shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party.
All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in Malé City, Republic of Maldives and Buyer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and Buyer consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site or the Martline is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence. Failure of Martline to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
This Agreement represents the entire understanding between you and us regarding your relationship to Online and supersedes any prior statements or representations. IF YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS ONLINE AGREEMENT, please click the "I Agree" button below. If you do not agree to the terms of the Subscriber Agreement, please click the "I Don't Agree" button to log off the system.
If you don't click on "I Agree" then you will not be able to purchase any goods or services.